Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just Can't Stop Smiling


Yes, I know, I look like some psychotic lady jumping out of an alley, well I am! Well, not psychotic, but I am jumping out of this sweet spot in Alexandria, VA. My sis is known for having photog. clients jump in certain pictures, and well, I had to try it out!


On Monday, my parents had a day off from their missionary/temple duties and we were able to hit the City and see the sites, like the White House...





The George Washington Memorial... So incredible to see in "real life"!


Mom and Dad standing on the Washington Monument grounds with the Lincoln Memorial and reflection pool in the background.


On the way over to the Lincoln Memorial, I saw this amazingly huge tree trunk split in half, creating an awesome "lounge" area. So, I made it a kodak moment. Did I mention that it was extremely warm and humid that day? We were sweating bullets...

On the walk towards the Lincoln Memorial, we past by President Bush's Memorial to the 50 states and territories, constructed while he was in office. Beautiful and impressive...


I couldn't believe the trees and how green it is in D.C! I feel like I live in the desert here in So. Cal! I have forgotten how beautifully green the East Coast is. Stunning!
We rented a wheel chair for Dad, as he was nursing a very sore leg from an accident a couple of weeks before. We knew we would be walking far to long for his injured leg to tolerate.
Wendy jumped in the chair to take a break from all the pushing, she was definitely the one that pushed the most during the day.

It was a very brief break....


Did I mention it was hot? Hence the hankie under Dad's hat!? Hummmm?


Another chance to swipe the chair... Wendy started a new fad... Wheelchair coasting... waving her arms to steer. Turned out it's not that effective and won't be a new fad.


Mom and Dad in front of the Vietnam Wall Memorial. We are so blessed that his name is not found on that wall and he was able to return safely! The many names that sprawl across the vast wall are so very tragic.

Miss Wendy looking tre-chic!

Mom and Dad posing in front of the Capital. Quite the phenomenal experience! I still feel so fortunate that I was able to go to Washington D.C. with Wendy! We had the best time going on photo sessions, meeting amazing people, hang out and visit with my parents and experience a bit of their mission, not to mention attend an outstanding fundraiser event and see Cirq du' Solei perform! I still can't believe it happened and when I look back at these and other pictures, I just can't help but smile! Thanks for the great memories, sis. and for taking me along! I love you! And thanks to you as well for having us! We are so proud of both of you, Mom and Dad!
By the way, I realized I did not include pictures of my MOST favorite place we toured... the Lincoln Monument. I posted some on my photography blog, so go see them, if you haven't already! Thanks!
http://freshlycaptured.blogspot.com












1 comment:

LaLa said...

Jules,

What an awesome trip! I'm so glad you were able to go with Wendy. I'm not gonna lie that I'm jealous though.

Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!! I WILL be walking by then.